Tuesday 9 February 2016

Quick Photoshop Masking Assignment


     In this quick assignment, our goal was to get used to using masks again on Photoshop CS6. After refreshing myself with a tutorial online, I threw this together. 

     For this piece, I found an image of one of my favourite artists, Kari Jobe, and also found a photo of a nice grass-y surrounding. I placed the grass image in my Photoshop tab and then placed the Kari Jobe image on after. Then, I placed a white mask on the image of my artist. This allows me to paint with the black brush. The black brush allows me to see whats underneath the photo. So after placing the image of Kari Jobe down in the place I wanted, I took the brush tool with the black colour, and painted just around her body. This showed the grass that was underneath the photo, therefore blending the two together slightly. To blend some more and get a little bit of a better effect, I used Curves in the adjustments bar. This allowed me to play with the colour a little bit more, and so I made sure that the light on her face was a little bit brighter because realistically, the sun would be on her face if she were to be looking in that direction.

     Masks are good because you can make things look like they are there, when they actually weren't there in the first place. It is also nice to use masks because it is a separate layer in which the actual image won't be damaged. There are many ways you can use masks, and this is just one. If I had more time, I would move Kari Jobe to the right a bit because of where the original image was cut. That would make the fact that she wasn't actually there, less obvious.

That's all!
Bye for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment