Wednesday 14 September 2016

Photography - Window Light / Natural Sunlight / Open Shadow

*Please note that I did not take these photos*

Window Light 


I love the look of this photo because it is closer to the subject. The light isn't just a regular light on her face but it shows a uniqueness from the blinds. I want to capture a photo similar to this because the woman isn't quite smiling, but she's not quite serious. You want to know what she is thinking, leaving that bit of mystery which is great.


Natural Sunlight


  I love this photo of this woman in natural sunlight and I would love to create one close to it. I love the look of freedom she gives off. She isn't quite smiling, she just seems relaxed. The wind is blowing  through her hair which really gives off a candid feel to it, and I think it's great. Plus, she is just off centre so the composition works well too.

Open Shadows


  This photo with the tree shadow is super nice. She is mostly covered by shadow but there is a touch of natural light showing through. The woman shows emotion without smiling, which I really want because I don't like to capture the typical, posed smile. It seems like she wants to hide and just take time to think - outside, in the fresh air and away from the world.


These photos inspire me to take ones like it!

1 comment:

  1. These are lovely. Last one isn't open shade though - uses shadow... 5/6

    ReplyDelete