Monday 8 December 2014

Black and White + 1 - Art Show Assignment




        In this weeks assignment, we had to theme our photos to "Black and White + 1". This is the theme for the Art Show coming up and the purpose was to have the best one and be chosen for the show. For Black and White + 1, you have to have a photo that is black and white, plus one additional feature. For example, one effect added in one part of the photo, or some colour added in (the colour and effect being the additional feature). So for mine, I added colour to certain parts. 
The first half has the original colour as the background, and black and white stems and flowers. The second half has black and white as the background, but the original colour for the stems, and flowers. How I did this was I made the whole photo black and white which made a mask over the photo. Then I took the eraser tool and slowly erased parts of the mask, unveiling the original colour underneath.  Meaning the first half was me erasing the black and white mask around the flowers with the eraser, and the second part was me erasing over the flowers and stems.

That's all I did! It wasn't too complicated.
Post again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment