Friday 9 January 2015

3:6:9 Assignment



     Since before the break, CyberArts Year One has been working on the "3:6:9" Assignment. We each had partners, which I found helpful and made it more fun to work on. For our assignment (which we named Her Last Song) we had to film about 9, ten second videos. We had to choose three angles, and in each angle have three different kinds of shots. For example, we did a wide shot, mid-shot, and a close up or cut in shot). We had to have someone in our videos, doing something of our choice so my partner and I chose to have our friend playing violin. It was peaceful and we knew we could put a soft violin song with it as our 'soundtrack' in the background which would also suit our title. Speaking of soundtracks, we used the song "Lucy Meets Mr. Tumnas" from the first Narnia movie. After putting all the videos in iMovie when we were done shooting and cutting them down for a total time of 30 seconds, we added the song and made it work with the shots. Some shots have the girl's bow strokes in time with the music and we agreed that that was a good thing to have. Once music was lined up for the most part we made sure our transitions were fading because it added to the softness of the video. And lastly, once the videos (with transitions and credits) were cut down to thirty five seconds, we were done. Personally, I am happy with our work. I think everything works well. However, if the video could've been longer, my partner and I would have added longer transitions, or made each clip a bit longer so that the video had a better and smoother look to it. That is the only weakness in my opinion. Anyways, here it is! Watch it if you haven't yet and I hope you enjoy!

Post again soon with our culminatings!

No comments:

Post a Comment