Wednesday 11 May 2016

Principles of Animation

I'M GONNA MAKE IT BETTER - Kinetic Typography


     I think that this I'm Gonna Make It Better is a unique and creative, yet simple video. I love it, and I can't take my eyes off of it. This video displays multiple principles of animation. Three that are presented are Squash And Stretch, Anticipation and Appeal. Squash and stretch is shown at 0:25, when the big blob becomes a more mustache shape and bounces. It also is shown during 0:30 - 35 when all of the letters from "GONNA" change constantly. Lastly, you see it during the 0:50 - 55 section. Anticipation is brought in the video in a few spots as well. First, at 0:23 when you don't know what will happen with the big blob. Then, at 0:46 because the group of words are shaking and you can't tell if the two groups will collide, or what. Also, at 0:54 seconds there is anticipation because of the drop from the top. Appeal is shown throughout the entire video. All the font changes attract different people in the audience at the beginning, and at the end with the colourful font.

 That's what I noticed!

No comments:

Post a Comment