Friday 31 October 2014

T-Shirt Design Competition

        For the past two weeks, Year 1 CyberArts' assignment was to actually participate in a competition. This competition was to design a t-shirt for the Technological Skills Challenge that is coming up. 

         This may look simple, but was a long process. First, we had to understand our goal (which was to create an awesome looking shirt, getting across that our school has the best tech programs. Also a shirt that will make the students feel proud that they got to participate.) We also had to make sure we knew all the tech programs in our school that we could possibly include on our shirt. Then we had to scroll through Pinterest, to get some ideas on how we could create our own unique designs - I don't have many photos pinned, but if you would like, you can check my board out. The link is on the sidebar. Once we had a couple ideas, we had to brainstorm. Meaning making a mind map and different thumbnails. I had come up with 15-20 different designs. The logo below is the one that was chosen to continue to work on. Finally, we kept tweaking and working on the chosen logo, until we thought it was great, and then we submitted 3 different versions. The original (just black on white), the colour version (the logo in six different colours), and the logo on a shirt. Just to get this visual of what it would look like when it is actually produced. Check them out below..



          This one is clearly the original black on white. Making this, I just used the pen tool to outline a phoenix. The automatic colour is black, so I kept it. Once I took the photo that I traced away, I filled in the phoenix with unique triangles to represent the links of technology. Then I made the letters "LCI" around the side of the wings. Obviously I had to write what the shirt was for, so I placed "Technological Skills Challenge" underneath the whole main part of the logo. Once finished with all of that , I made one thick outline boxing the whole image. My whole piece included line, and shape. Also emphasis because the phoenix had parts coloured in and it was quite big. 




            This is the Colour page. All I did was highlight everything a couple times and changed the colour.   This is the part where all of the element 'colour' comes in. These colours are pretty nice to me, so I decided I would test them. By doing this, I got to my last stage of the assignment...




         Finally, I present my completed design on an actual t-shirt. I just pasted it onto an image of a black t-shirt. I chose the teal-ish colour from my Colour page and I tweaked it to look nice on the black. Then I  took a step back to really look at it...

            Overall, I don't mind my logo. I think in ways it could of worked better, but I'm not quite sure on how or what I would do. If I had this shirt though, I would want to show it off, but I think I am biased. Hahaha. Anyways, I ended up getting second place so that makes me proud. I am done for now! Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment